- THE CHURCH LIBRARY NEEDS YOU ~ We are looking for some members that would enjoy working on the COS Library Committee. We meet eight times during the year on the first Monday of the month. There is always much to do in the ordering of new books, processing new books and the general running of a library. Each of us takes a turn being “librarian” on Sundays to help our readers with any questions they may have. Don’t say no until you check us out. We have fun as well and would love to have you join us. Stop into the library on any Sunday morning and talk with our librarian on duty to see what you are missing by not being a “librarian” for COS. You might even find a book to sign out for your own pleasure.
- COS Library patrons reminder: Kids backpacks for your visiting young people. Are you traveling to the grandchildren? You may take a backpack with you just let us know how long you need it. Also new books in the library window and inside the library. Please tell us what you think of them by completing a Book Review, see form on the clipboard on the library desk. You could assist us in recommending a book, series, DVD, or author that you think our library patrons would enjoy. Thank you!
The Library Committee invites you to peruse room 104 in the CMC for
1. Nonfiction books such as
- books about Christ’s life
- books by favorite Christian authors such as Lucado and Yancy
- Bible commentaries
- books about various religions in addition to Christianity
- books to supplement the Sunday morning Lutheranism 102 class
- other topics
2. Reference books
3. Study materials (SM);
- creationism compared to the theory of evolution
- the Holy Spirit
- Bible study
- Amish, Amana Colonies, Mennonite, and Quaker fiction books.
All may be taken to the main library room to be checked out.
A note from the library committee about "Patron Recommended Reading"
Would you like to recommend to others a book or other item from the library that you have enjoyed? Help others know by filling out a "Patron Recommended Reading" form that can be found on the library desk. Just fill out one of the forms, place it in the book return box on the library table, and the library committee will let others know. Thank you.
Courageous Grandparenting: Building a Legacy Worth Outliving You
It is abundantly clear that parents have the more powerful influence on a child. What is not always acknowledged is that grandparents are, hands down, the second most powerful influence in a child's life. In many cases, they are the most significant influencer in their grandchild's life.
Courageous Grandparenting establishes a biblical, gospel-shaped foundation for understanding the significant roles God expects grandparents to have in a child's faith journey. Sharing from more than two decades of experience as a grandfather and the leader of the first ministry organization dedicated solely to grandparenting. Author Caven Harper provides the biblical foundation and practical applications of the roles grandparents are expected to play in their families.
If you want to make an impact in the lives of your grandchildren, Courageous Grandparenting will help you do that. There is more to effective grandparenting than simply have good times with your grandchildren. Your grandchildren need grandparents who will boldly declare the Good News of Christ and intentionally build a legacy worth outliving them.
This book is an invitation to join the author and other grandparents who share a passion to invest their lives in radical grandparenting for such a time as this.
WAKE UP! STAND UP! BUILD UP! WISE UP! STEP UP!